Dry-needling treatment involves the insertion of very fine needles into the body at specific points for pain relief, healing and general wellbeing.
We use the following types of needling:
- Dry needling – rapid short term needling to tender trigger points to improve or restore function.
- Traditional – based on Chinese theories of energy balancing -Yin/Yang
- Western medical – based on Western concepts of anatomy and physiology. Acupuncture stimulates the brain to produce natural pain relieving chemicals called endorphins. These assist the body to heal itself and offer pain relief.
- Our locum physiotherapist Ricky Brijs-Blaak is a registered physiotherapy acupuncturist.
Acupuncture is effective in treating
- acute injuries
- chronic pain
- muscle and joint
- post-operative pain
- myofascial trigger point pain